4.22.2009

RBOC: Wednesday edition

Hello all,
It's been a while...I wanted to blog one of my recent soccer games, but during said game I jammed my finger (my middle finger, in case you were curious), which consequently rendered my typing ability slightly less than accurate -- or pain free for that matter. So here I am on Wednesday trying to fill in the gaps. Sounds like a RBOC day to me -- how about you?

  • First of all, the soccer game on Saturday was great: we played an undefeated team -- we're not exactly undefeated ourselves (more like un-lossed-to), so I wasn't feeling confident. But our particular team tends to play up to its competition, and I feel like we pretty much dominated this team. We scored two quick goals, which got them on their heels, and we pretty much held the lead from then on out.
  • All this positive soccer feeling drained away as we were unable to slay two undefeated teams within the span of four days -- last night's game was a big let down as we were dominated 6-0 with hardly any sustained pressure in the offensive zone.
  • It's been fun watching all the marathoners limping around the city. They're easy to spot: very skinny; lots of Boston Marathon gear; stiff legs; and zero ability to read a map! Apparently these guys (and gals) are so used to following the herd that they cannot possibly guide themselves around a city -- sans a bunch of cheering fans.
  • I'm actually teaching a class tomorrow!! I'm filling in up at a community college that I'd recently taught at -- it should be fun because I haven't taught (anything) in almost a full year. More on that tomorrow...
  • I'm nursing a strong hockey hangover today after my beloved Blues got swept last night by a (vastly) superior Vancouver team...I'm laying this loss squarely at the feet of my good friend Sarah for picking the Detroit Red Wings as her favorite hockey team...as if??
  • Did you hear about the DUI-charged classical music conductor? So many jokes, so little time -- classical music was playing on the radio? Seriously?? I know that drinking and driving is a serious thing, but come on...I'd love to know **exactly** what he was listening to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Skinny tourists are okay. Could be much worse. Wait until July-August...it will get a lot uglier with hordes of locusts (I mean tourists) descending on our fair city.

Cake for Breakfast said...

Do not blame me for the Blues losing. I like to blame the entirely tooooo long hockey season. The players are just exhausted.