6.01.2009

The Weekend Past, by the numbers...

This past weekend saw my first paper presented at a conference, and I think it went over fine. There were some issues (apparently I was a little fidgety, which I blame on the lack of a proper podium -- I was reading off a music stand!), but otherwise nothing too major. I was awfully busy with outside activities as well, so I was unable to attend most of the actual conference. So here is my weekend, by the numbers...

Haydn Panels attended: 3, including my own

Papers presented: 1, including my own! (sweet...)

Words misspoken during said paper: I'm not sure, maybe one or two, but I did get coup de grace right

Soccer games played: 2 in two days; one men's, the other coed

Soccer games missed: 1, and it was a consolation game

Injuries resulting from said games played: 2, a deep bruise in my thigh rendered me almost inert on Saturday afternoon/evening; while in Sunday's game, some idiot slid into me -- studs up -- as I was playing goalie, so my right leg is pretty mangled right now

Referees yelled at, truly: 1, surprisingly...our guy yesterday was new, to me at least, so I had to break him in a little bit; otherwise, I was pretty good

BBQs conducted: 1, and it was truly delicious -- marinaded steak tips, from whole foods, corn on the cob, and three jumbo sea scallops for an appetizer, all grilled to perfection!

No comments: