11.02.2009

In an October State of Mind...

Isn't October great? The weather's fantastic: the leaves are beautiful (so I'm told); it's not too hot, it's not too cold; I can still play soccer outdoors. October is capped off by my favorite holiday, Halloween; you get a plethora of scary movies (my DVR's still loaded with 'em), and you are required to buy candy on the off-chance that some kid rings your doorbell, which they haven't in our neck 'o' the woods in three years now. Academically, the petals haven't fallen from the bloom, so to speak; there aren't too many papers to grade yet; perhaps a mid-term, but nothing too drastic. And the major holidays are right around the corner, or square in your face if you walk into a Target or Walgreens.

Too bad I was sick for almost half this month; perhaps that's responsible for my overly-rosy assessment?

Sure there are better holidays out there, but overall what month can compete? December -- waaay too cold, for some people. July -- just the opposite. I'm taking bets...somebody try to counter my hypothesis, I dare you.

4 comments:

Wilhelmina said...

Funny, your reasons for liking October are exactly my reasons for disliking them :) Especially that holiday thing! And that team sports thing!

(Sarah)

Celexo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celexo said...

Understood, if you're creeped out by Halloween that is. But you can't beat the weather, can you?

Cake for Breakfast said...

September is better than October. Just the beginning of fall, school starts, and the month ends with my favorite holiday - my birthday. =)