2.02.2010

...the Shadow of the Statue?

***If for some reason, like you've been living in a cave or something, you've not seen the most recent season of LOST, for God's sake, don't frickin read the following post***

Oomph...just too many LOST tidbits percolating in my brain/tummy. First of all, why is the premiere––and this season, I presume––on Tuesday nights? Hasn't it mostly been on Weds & Thurs?

Is it a coincidence that tonight's premiere coincides* with Groundhog Day? By the way, Punxsutawney Phil predicts six more weeks of winter...anyway, are the LOST writers giving a hint by aligning their show w/a Janus-faced rodent who's mostly concerned with (what lies in) his shadow??

Onto the predictions:

(1) Juliet's bomb-busting abilities fail to do anything other than create a massive white fade-out, resulting in all-out war between Ilana's group and a yet-to-be-determined group loyal to Esau, aka Man-in-Black, aka Flocke (Fake Locke)

(2) I'm predicting a full-on Anakin Skywalker for Ben: his murder of Jacob, masterminded by The Emperor, I mean Flocke, I mean Esau (isn't this fun?), will drive Ben into a Darth Vader-esque rage, threatening to kill all of Ilana's peeps, or he'll be so disgusted at his being used, that he will turn on Flocke/Esau.

(3) I predicted way back in the spring that it would be totally rad –– rad, I tell you –– if the premiere opened either back in Australia w/everybody getting on the plane again or actually on the plane itself. In addition, they all crash again but get a chance to right their wrongs, ala those Choose Your Own Adventure Books (I loved those things).

Allright, see you on the other side...



*see what I did there?

1 comment:

Cake for Breakfast said...

Okay, I finally watched it, so now I can read this and comment. I can't even really keep up with your Esau, Flocke, Anakin Skywalker theories. Sheesh. All I'll say is this:
1. You should never say 'rad' again.
2. I got straight up goose bumps when in the one alternate universe they all landed and got off the plane. Locke waiting for his wheelchair and getting off the plane - it was just a crazy television moment. I didn't think it would affect me so profoundly, yet it did. They all got off the plane, and didn't learn any of the things that they did while on the island - they're no better! It made me think that landing on that island wasn't the worst thing for them, which was unexpected. Ooooh - goosebumps.