2.10.2009

Meme-ing it, high school style!

Directions: Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school. REPOST with the name of high school and graduating year in the subject box.

1. Did you date someone from your school?
Yes; I dated the vet from the end of junior year and on for quite a while...

2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
No; she was a vegetarian and I should have known right then and there that it wouldn't work out.

3. Did you car pool to school?
No; I took classes in "A" period (before school began) all four years: the first two, my dad dropped me off on his way to teach; and the second two, I drove because I invariably had to drive to a rehearsal after school each day -- practically!

4. What kind of car did you have?
My first was a gold Toyota half-hatchback monstrosity that I loved; next, I drove my grandma's oldsmobile something or other...

5. What kind of car do you have now?
Toyota corolla, 2000.

6. It's Friday night...where are you? (then)
If I didn't have a rehearsal, I was most likely at a movie (we loved movies), and then off to Denny's or later Applebee's to discuss/flirt with everyone else.

7. It is Friday night...where are you? (now)
Most certainly not at dinner and Denny's; mostly hanging out with TW, but the location varies.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
I taught cello lessons the entire time, which I suppose was the reason I could afford to always drive everyone -- that, and I was one of the few to have a car that others weren't embarrassed to be seen in.

9. What kind of job do you do now?
Musicologist-in-training/B@#tix lifer...

10. Were you a party animal?
Hardly; I don't think I went to a single party during high school that wasn't a cast party for play or musical.

11. Were you considered a flirt?
I think perhaps I might have been considered a flirt, at least in a very small circle of friends -- I would need some objective observations to back that up, however...

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Orchestra and showchoir, yes that's right -- showchoir!

13. Were you a nerd?
Music nerd, yes; regular nerd, probably to others but I didn't think so...

14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
The closest I ever came to punishment of any sort would have been for giving my middle-school string teacher my middle finger; but, in my defense, it was made out of wax and how could she possibly have known that it was my middle finger?

15. Can you sing the fight song?
Did we have a fight song? Sarah, you'll have to fill me in...

16. Who was your favorite teacher?
Both the Eichenbergers (my string and choir directors), and later Mr Marsh who was my Senior Humanities guru cum inspirational guide through life!

17. Where did you sit during lunch?
I had variable locations, but I always had chips and coke for lunch...never went through the cafeteria line once!

18. What was your school's full name?
McCluer North High School

19. When did you graduate?
1997

20. What was your school mascot?
The North Star, and I didn't realize it at the time but one of my best friends -- Sarah -- was actually the mascot!

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Perhaps; but it would depend on my mood at the time.

22. Did you have fun at Prom?
Which one? I went to 4 proms in 5 years, which I contend must be some sort of record...I did have fun, I suppose, but it wasn't really "dear diary" stuff, if you know what I mean.

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
No.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
I just went to my 10-year reunion, last fall, but I don't think I'll be doing any of that again anytime soon.

25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Actually, I still talk to more teachers than students; but, Sarah and Chris have been there through the thick and thin of it all!

No comments: