8.20.2009

RBOC: "Not Dead Yet..."

"I'd like to go for a walk..."

That's right, folks -- I'm still around. In the last 15 days, I've vacationed in 3 different states/countries (although all were in the same time zone)...Since I'm not quite home yet -- that'll be sometime on the day after tomorrow -- I'm keeping today's edition very short, random-bits style...

  • Jersey Boys is actually a fun, little show.
  • Did you know that Joe Pesci was pretty instrumental -- so to speak -- in creating "The Four Seasons"? The show is essentially a history lesson wrapped around a string of hits from the 50s & 60s that you would know.
  • Gay men are apparently bad at spelling and great at naming Bette Midler movies. So to cap off our 4 days at Fire Island, we went to trivia. Three of the questions involved spelling some fairly easy words -- karaoke, quintessential, etc. Can you name 7 Bette Midler movies? I couldn't, but our team captain could.
  • Check out The High Line's website for more information on this awesome little park on the Lower West Side (more pics to follow).
  • Sleeping pills work wonders when one must sleep in a skeevy place...
  • Traffic sucks on Long Island...
  • TW's zonked out on the couch after an 1 1/2 car ride -- what a wuss...
Enough bits for now -- more to come once I return home and properly screw on my brain!

No comments: