5.19.2009

Long time coming..

Hello all,

Sorry I've been so delinquent in my blogging lately. I've been working 24/7 at the booth, and on top of that, I've been writing my first ever conference paper. The conference is actually right here in Cambridge. I think it will be small (around 40 people or so), but nonetheless my first paper garners a little bit of attention -- and stress!

I just wanted to point out a few new features that I've added to the right sidebar of this blog. Below my acronyms, I've added two new features: my Twitter updates and my del.ici.ous bookmarks. If any of you are like TW, whom I've had to drag kicking and screaming into the 21st century, you'll probably not be aware of either of these new features.

Twitter is almost like a blog -- except really short. It allows you publish a 140-character statement about whatever you prefer -- what you're doing, reading, eating, thinking, etc...I use it to update, educate and entertain.

Del.ici.ous is a different animal. It's considered "social bookmarking". Essentially, every user has a page where they post links of things they're reading. You can follow other people, and see how smart they are! I use it a little differently...I use it as a reminder of what looks interesting, but haven't had time to read yet. Check out the recent addition about what's been found under the New York Harbor -- ugh. Also see the NYTimes review of the Boston Ballet's recent performance highlighting the 100th anniversary of the Ballet Russes -- rest assured that my reveiw is much more positive than the Times.

See you soon,
Celexo

No comments: