5.07.2009

Meme it up...

In lieu of the two posts that are percolating in my head, I've stumbled across this meme in a British architectural journal/website. Titled "My (non) digital life," it playfully addresses the modern phrases of digital life yet applies them in a very analog fashion. So, I thought I'd give it a crack (mind the rail/take the tube/what's on the telly) -- remember, it's a British meme.

What's your favourite (sic) site?

In St. Louis, I love sitting on Art Hill, looking out over the lake and Forrest Park while eating a Fatted Calf cheeseburger. In Boston, I enjoy walking near the intersection of Boylston and Tremont streets; it's got virtually everything you could want/need: eating in Dim Sum in Chinatown; reading in the used bookstores; walking around the Boston Common; and seeing shows in the Theater District.

Do you use social networking sites?

My social networks are flung far and wide; I do not use them, but I do participate within them.

What are you watching?

Currently, I'm watching the pages fly by in my book, "The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao."

What was the last thing you bought online?

I didn't necessarily buy it, but I won $5 from a friend when he set the line on him losing golf balls at 5. I immediately took the over and I'm still waiting for payment.

Where shall we play?

On the pitch! It's another Britishism for what we Americans would call a soccer field.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"favourite" is spelled correctly and does not deserve a (sic) notation. Especially since you note that this meme was taken from a British source.

You use Facebook and Twitter, so have to call foul on the 2nd question. You can't participate in them without using them. You can claim to not use them much, but you are on Twitter enough that any judge would consider that statement perjury.

Celexo said...

Pick up your flag, kind sir! I'm not talking about online social networking, but social networks of a different era (I think they're called friendships...remember those quaint social relationships?)
The whole point of this meme is to uproot us from our online selves and plant us back firmly in a different time.