12.19.2008

Foibles and Fables...*


I feel sorry for the fraud prevention department on my debit card. Within the span of 24 hours, I will be in three separate locations spread across three different states and two different regions starting on Saturday. I'm currently in Long Island, with TW and her family. We're driving back to Boston tomorrow afternoon, playing a soccer game tomorrow night (8PM--anybody want to play? We need subs, preferably women...), and then flying to St Louis Sunday morning at 8:30AM. Ugh...Long Island, Boston, St Louis; and then, the weekend after New Year's we're coming back down to Brooklyn to meet up with some old college friends, who've recently expanded their family by one! Fun times...

I'm most definitely looking forward to the trip home for the holidays. It'll be the first time back since I got married, and I'm craving a trip back to The Fatted Calf. Best burgers I've ever had: flame-broiled, and topped with a soft-scoop cheddar cheese that is absolutely delicious, put a little scoop of that stuff on steak fries--you've got yourself a fine meal! I've got two separate dates at the Big Cow (as it's called amongst my friends), and I think that's all TW will allow me.

So, it's time for a little Rorschach test...take a look at the above picture, which happens to be the symbol of The Fatted Calf. What do you see: a cow's face in profile (we're looking at it's right eye); or, straight ahead (with the dot as the nose)? This is just a fun little game we play when we're passing the time waiting for our burgers to arrive.

Got to iron my shirt...yep, that's right I can kinda/sorta iron, but my closet is pathetically thin these days--I'm hoping to continue increasing my Gap giftcards over the holidays...hint, hint...

Signing off for now; next post will most likely come from the great state of "Show Me."

* Still singing Pippin...good stuff; I'm sitting here on the couch, in NY, and it's starting to snow--we're expecting 12", so I'm pretty certain that this is going to completely screw up the intricate travels plan we have in place.

2 comments:

Cake for Breakfast said...

Travel safely. And it's totally a cow in profile. Even after you told me how to see it straight on I can't. See you there Monday for lunch! Call me with what time works for you...

Unknown said...

You would be surprised how much travel you can do before you get a flag on your account. Last time I had an issue was at an off-strip Bank of America in Vegas (yet Oman didn't seem to put up any flags...). I also see the cow looking to the side.