3.30.2009

The birthday that won't die...

That's right, I feel like I've been celebrating my birthday for months now -- which I sort of have been, but that's the fun part, right?

It all started back in the first week of March when I broke down and bought a new IPOD touch and a few other items since then for myself (thanks self, you rock!).

Then, in the run up to my birthday, some of my family members sent me checks, which is always appreciated (thanks family, you rock!).

On the big day itself, TW took me out to dinner at our go-to sort-of special meal place: Not Your Average Joes. We love this place, and don't get there too often, so it was a nice little celebration (thanks TW, you rock!). In addition to that, TW revealved that we would be taking a little New Hampshire vacation in a couple weeks, and the centerpiece of that trip would be a visit to one of Frank Lloyd Wright's house in Manchester, NH -- the Zimmerman House. This is particularly cool for me because I'm an architecture (and Wright) nut, and it will be only my 2nd Wright house to see in person (thanks TW, you rock x2!!).

And finally, I had a bigger celebration on Saturday night organized by my friend Al (seemingly from another continent, as he was traveling in Brazil and Argentina just 48 prior to the party!). We started with a smaller gathering of about 9 people, including one of my old roommates -- also celebrating a birthday -- at Eastern Standard. Check out the pictures of the private dining room that we had reserved just for us -- we felt like rock stars back there. The food was good, although I would like to go back and try other things as well.

Next, we moved the party down to a place called FELT -- so named because of the five pool tables located on the 2nd floor, where we had 2 reserved, along with drink tickets and free admission to the night club on the 4th floor. We had a few new friends join us at the party -- including my newly-relocated-to-Boston cousin Becks, and some new members of the soccer team -- and a great time was had by all.

Of course, any good night out must conclude with the obligatory trip to Chau Chow in Chinatown for some late night General Gau's and Pepper Steak...something about that greasy food certainly settles down the digestive system after a long night of drinking. Thanks go to Al, and I supose to TW as well -- for such a fantastic night out all around -- I've heard nothing but great things from everyone involved, and that goes double for me!!

I, unfortunately, didn't take any pictures, but I'm sure they'll be floating around the interwebs soon. Stay tuned for a trip report on my the New Hampshire leg of my birthday celebrations -- this has certainly been a fun month!

No comments: