3.25.2009

He's still got it...

That's right, I sure do. Fresh out of the gate today, on this the second day of my 30th year, I got hit on by two separate female customers at the booth. Both were older women -- shit, am I classified as older now? -- and both were harmlessly smiling and very talkative during each transaction. After the second customer, my co-worker leaned out from behind his desk and said, "Yep -- you've still got it. Turning 30 didn't diminish you one bit!"

Last week, a man kept chatting me up, and I was just annoyed because it was a Monday -- and we don't have shows on Monday, so he was essentially just wasting my time. Anyway, at the end of the conversation, he leans in and says, "You have great teeth; you should be an actor." Well, first of all, thanks for the compliment although I don't think my teeth are exactly the bee's knees. They're nicely aligned all right, but I think they're kind of a hazy white (from all the soda). Anyway, he was just another in a long line of B*#tix weirdos we get around the booths.

Today, we had a guy with a huge honkin' ring on his right hand -- normally what you'd expect from a professional athlete. He came by yesterday and I noticed the ring, but upon his return today I had to ask him about it. I was expecting him to be on some Super Bowl team from the 70s or something, but he claimed it was the result of a conference championship from East Tennessee State -- you know, those powerhouses. It just struck me as odd, that's all.

No comments: