3.02.2009

Rainy Day Women...

Well, it's not quite rainy here -- but we've got plenty of precipitation. I'm here at the booth today and there's not much to do...other than answer a few questions from some rainy-day women.

My soundtrack for this afternoon has been interesting: Miles Davis, "Birth of the Cool" (1950) which is quite a cool album; and Bob Dylan, "Blonde on Blonde" (1966) -- hence the title. It's amazing to me that only fifteen years separates these albums because their aesthetics are so completely different. "Visions of Johana" is probably my favorite track on the Dylan album, although the entire record is fantastic: "Stuck Inside of Mobile," "Just Like a Woman," and "Sad Eyed Lady" also score high points!

Sprinkle in some early Beatles, earlier today, and a Haydn string quartet that I'm currently writing about, and you've got yourself a well-rounded little swatch of Music History.

Stay warm and dry...

No comments: