11.29.2008

Gingerbread-house pics...

Tonight, TW, TMIL and I went down to visit the Sayville Treelighting ceremony. In addition to carolers, live reindeer* and a hand-bell choir, there was a gingerbread-house building competition. There was a lot of standard fair there, but I've included my two favorites: First, although it doesn't exactly read via my pic, here on the right, is a model of Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater house. This is the house, and subsequently the architect, that fueled my interest in architecture in general; needless to say, this house was a big hit for me!



But I must admit, that there was one concoction that topped it...








For those of you who don't know, this is the Millennium Falcon chasing, what I can only imagine is Darth Vader's TIE fighter in the penultimate scene from Star Wars: IV, A New Hope...and seriously, this is made out of gingerbread!

* This reindeer, for the record, has what appears to be a single antler; is that unusual? I'm asking my fair readers from up north to fill the rest of us in...

1 comment:

Cake for Breakfast said...

How was Twilight? Were you indeed the only male in the audience?