11.19.2008

"The Parents are Coming, The Parents are Coming"

Just a quickie post today because I'm leaving the booth (early, thankfully) to go up the parents' at the airport. I don't know why, but I've always referred to them as 'the parents.' I guess they were more tolerable than other parents I now know, although in high school I liked some people's parents more than their children!

The parents are in town from today until Monday, and we're gonna get our fill of seafood and theater--that's a guarantee. We're going to the symphony tonight, The Seafarer by Connor McPhearson tomorrow, and then down to NYC to see the Mamet play, Speed-The-Plow, starring Raul Esparza (Company), Jeremy Piven (Entourage) and Elizabeth Moss (from West Wing and Mad Men fame!). In addition, Mom and I will hear the New Philharmonia on Sunday afternoon because I have a rootin' interest in that team: I think the horn section is particularly good!

In other news, the drop in weather always affects the B@#tix-booth customers. They are increasingly edgy in cold weather, which also has the unfortunate side effect of creating cold-wet-doggy-nose drips of snot on the window--totally gross!

===============================

The dissertation grew by another 2 pages yesterday afternoon and this morning. In addition to a solid two hours of work here at the booth yesterday, when Joey left me all alone, which he is wont to do every now and then, I also got some good work done this morning on the train and before we opening the windows. Huzzah--I might actually finish this thing...finish is such a depressing word.

1 comment:

Wilhelmina said...

You've got it all wrong. "Finish" is a wonderful word. Especially when it'll be the past tense--as in, "I've finished!" (Exclamation point necessary)

Sarah (the swingy one)